Thursday, August 28, 2008

Graduate School....

Last Tuesday evening, I began a graduate school class at Indian Creek Christian Church (The Creek). I was reminded why I did not pursue higher education. While I love to learn, I don't love it enough to spend $1250.00 for the privilege. It is a great class and will be immensely helpful to my ministry. Dr. Gary Johnson is the minister of THE CREEK and is focusing the class on the practical side of church leadership and management.

What I find to truly be a work of God is that this "free" class is exactly what I need to be studying and discussing with a man of God like Dr. Johnson. We are covering material on leadership that speaks to both my needs and the real needs of Crossroads. It is a great experience.

What has made it even greater is that one of the other students in this class is brother in Christ named Jeff. He was a member of the church I served on the south side. His education was in journalism, but his passion was for ministry. He has been preaching now for several years on part-time basis and working as a chaplain at a cancer hospital. He is taking the class because he needs more education, as well as being free. What a blessing to see that he is still serving the Lord after all these years, and to have played a small part in his life.

GOD IS GOOD!

No comments: