Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Being a Proud Parent!


I have often said that my decision to get married was a easy one. Others have told me that I made a much better choice than MaryAnne did, and I tend to agree with them. She has been such a blessing to my life that I cannot even begin to describe it.

However the decision to have children was much more difficult. As some of you know, I am one of six children. In growing up in a big family, I saw all the difficulties in being a parent. I was not able to have the relationship with my dad that I want because he was always so busy working to keep us feed, clothed, and housed.

When we talked about children, MaryAnne and I had agreed on limiting the number to only two. Well, as least, I thought she agreed. We have three great kids, and I love each of them very much. I hope I have told them that often enough.

Recently my wife and I attended my second son's (Miles) graduation from Johnson Bible College with a bachelors degree in Media and Bible . I am very proud of him and what he has done in his life. Going to college and finishing school is an important step in his life. While he does not yet have a handle on what exactly he wants to do, he does have a good foundation of knowledge that will serve him whatever he does. I am sure that God has great plans for his life.

No comments: